US citizens

Financial advice for US citizens who are, or have been based in the UK, or hold a green card

Anyone who is born in the US has an obligation to file tax returns in both the US and their country of residence. For US citizens who have been employed in the UK, or have a green card, we specialise in helping you to comply with US tax regulations.

Our US clients often have similar concerns such as:

  • How do I meet the tax reporting requirements of both the US and the UK?
  • How do I link up my financial planning with my tax planning to achieve my long-term goals?
  • Which investments will satisfy both UK and US reporting?
  • Will working in the UK affect when I can retire?
  • Will I be able to retire where I want to?

How do we help?

We can support you with financial planning to ensure that your long-term goals can be achieved – both here and in the US.

Firstly, we’ll spend time getting to know you and your situation. We’ll get to the heart of any concerns you may have and understand what you want to achieve both now and in retirement.

Once we understand this, we’ll use our years of experience and knowledge of the financial services market to develop a plan. This plan will be completely tailored to you and your goals and will detail how you will achieve them.

With a plan in place, you can relax, safe in the knowledge that you’re doing all you can to achieve what you want with your wealth.

Our recommendations may include:

  • Consolidating or setting up new pensions
  • Investment planning
  • Tax planning
  • Re-mortgaging
  • Setting up life insurance or another form of income protection
  • Estate planning
  • Setting up overseas trusts

For more information on how we work with you, please see your journey with us.

Subscribe to our newsletter

You can keep up-to-date on key financial topics which affect you by subscribing to our free email newsletter.