Making sure your business plays a part in your retirement planning
For those clients who run their own businesses, their key concerns are usually:
- What will happen to the business if I, or another key person dies or becomes ill?
- I plan to sell my business and live on the proceeds of the sale – do I still need a personal pension?
- Are there opportunities for my business to help with my tax planning?
- Can I afford to exit my business at the age that I want to retire?
- Are there ways to draw an income from my business after I retire?
How do we help?
Firstly, we’ll spend time getting to know you and your business. We’ll get to the heart of what you want to do with your business and how you want to exit; whether that’s to retire or continue working in some capacity.
Once we understand your goals, we’ll use our years of experience and knowledge of the financial services market to develop a plan. This plan will be completely tailored to you and your goals and will detail how you will achieve them.
With a plan in place, you can relax, safe in the knowledge that you’re doing all you can to maximise the advantages you can achieve as a business owner.
Do you have employees?
If so, there are many advantages to be gained by providing employee benefits such as Group Personal Pension schemes and income protection insurance. Such benefits can help you to attract and retain the talent you need in your business. What’s more, you can gain considerable tax advantages by helping to fund your employee’s retirement income.
Our recommendations may include:
- Setting up personal pensions for you and your employees
- Setting up life insurance or another form of income protection for you and your employees
- Investment planning
- Tax planning
- Estate planning
For more information on how we work with you, please see your journey with us.