Helping you to make your next move
Whether you’re making your first step onto the property ladder, looking to move or buy a property to rent, our mortgage clients have similar questions:
- How much can I borrow?
- How much will it cost?
- How much can I afford to borrow?
- What type of mortgage is the best for my circumstances?
- What mortgage term should I have between 5 and 40 years?
- Is it worth buying a property to let?
- Can I re-mortgage to raise capital for home improvements?
How do we help?
We’ll explain all your mortgage options in plain English, describing which benefits and drawbacks apply to your specific situation. Our knowledge of the market enables us to place you with the lender that offers you the most advantageous terms, so you end up with the best possible mortgage for your needs.
Our recommendations may include:
- Fixed rate mortgages
- Tracker mortgages
- Variable rate mortgages
- Discount mortgages
- Stepped mortgages
- Capped rate mortgages
- Offset mortgages
- Buy to Let mortgages
- Protection services to ensure that the mortgage can be paid should the worst happen to you. These may include life insurance, critical illness and income protection.
For clients who are over 55 and looking to raise money for income or a project, they may consider equity release or another form of borrowing in retirement. This is also known as a ‘lifetime mortgage’ or ‘home reversion plan’.
How do we help?
We will advise whether or not equity release is suitable for you. It is also important to discuss the issues with your family, and instruct a solicitor who is familiar with equity release schemes. To fully understand the features and risks, ask us for a personalised illustration.
Please note: Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.